10 Rice Papers (round)
10 Shrimp (med/small size, deviened)
2 Ounces Rice Vermicelli
1/2 Cup Mint (fresh leaves)
1/2 Cup Basil (fresh leaves)
10 Chives (fresh)
10 Bibb or Butter Lettuce Leaves
1 Cucumber (julienne cut)
1 Cup Bean Sprouts
Lime and Garlic Dipping Sauce:.
1 Thai Bird Chili (minced)
1 Clove Garlic (minced)
1 Teaspoon Sugar
3 Tablespoons Mirin
3 Tablespoons Lime Juice
1 Tablespoon Water (warm)
1 Tablespoon Light Soy Sauce
1. Soak Vermicelli in water (room temp) 25 minutes. Then boil for 25 secounds and shock in cold water. Dry set aside.
2.. Boil shrimp in salted water 3 minutes. Shock in cold water. Dry set aside. The slice in half lengthwise.
3. Prep all other ingredients accordingly. The lettuce should be ripped in pieces to make it easy to roll. Remove any rib from lettuce.
4. When you’re ready to roll, take a large bowl wide enough to fit the rice paper in warm water. Make sure to have some hot water the side to add to the bowl if temp drops.
5. Dip rice paper in bowl for 5 – 10 secouds. The rice paper should setill be firm. Place on clean cutting board. Now similar to a burrito, place fillings toward the bottom of the rice paper. Start with a piece of lettuce, 6 or so strips of cucumber, 6 bean sprouts, 3 leaves of mint, 3 of basil, and about 1/4 cup noodles.
6. Fold rice paper from bottom over the filling. Now fold both sides in, but don’t roll up anymore.
7. Place 2 shrimp halves and chives, then roll up tightly.
8. To make dipping sauce, mix all ingredients in a bowl. Set aside 20 minutes til flavors develope.